Friday, April 29, 2011

Odds and Ends


My special lady is under the weather and I feel bad about that.  Last night to rest up we had a little food and watched a movie... Love and Other Drugs.  This movie has Anne Hathaway and Jake Gyleydnfahlen and is for all intents and purposes a love story.  Needless to say I was not super jazzed going in.  Hello Angry Birds!!  But, I must say it was a pretty good movie.  The acting was solid, the story was interesting, Anne Hathaway's boobs are great (so is Jake's butt!).  We both liked it quite a bit.  And unicorns kick ass!!  Just kidding, that is a really obscure reference.  This is a great date movie, the ladies will love the touching love affair... the gentlemen will enjoy dick jokes, the fat brother and the nudity.  1 1/2 thumbs up.

I was walking up to the office yesterday and it was raining so hard that even though I had a rain jacket... it was raining so hard my pants soaked through up to my ass.  That sucked.  I had to change into gym shorts.  So I was the asshole in a button down and shorts.  How many questions did I get as to why I was wearing shorts?  128.  The air conditioner that was broken the day before was also now working full force.  So I was wearing shorts in an office w/ the temp set at 25 degrees.  Not a great day.

The other night I also had my first Buffalo Wild Wings experience.  A few of us got together to drink beer and watch hockey.  It is a great place to watch sports... there are like 100 TVs in there.  The beer is cold and fresh tasting and there are plenty of choices.  The food is another thing.  For one thing, the menu has the caloric listing for everything.  In a joint w/ wings, quadruple chili burgers and salads covered in cheese sauce... you do not want to know the calories you are taking down.  Just so you know, it's alot!!!  I had some wings, they were ok, not great.  The hot BBQ sauce was pretty spicy.  I would go back to sit at the bar and watch a ball game... I would probably try to avoid the chow.  Just sayin'.

No comments: