Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Yeah F*** you Bin Laden!!!


I did not go out in the street and celebrate the killing of Bin Laden but I am not sorry he is dead. That is it. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPin5LRBfZo

So I finally watcher The Fighter the other night and it was great.  Marky Mark was as good as I remember since the days w/ the funky bunch!  He is good when he does not have to talk so much.  Amy Adams was very sexy.  The family was dirty, smarmy, boozy, very old school Southie.  My brother lived down there for awhile, think he started wearing tank tops more often? Just kidding.  And Christian Bale?  Well, he was sensational. This movie was the tits guy and well worth the falking rental, 1 3/4 thumbs gouging you in the eye!

Hit up Sugarbush for one last day Saturday w/ my buddy Pedro.  It was fun, like 50 degrees and sunny.  I was pretty sloppy and took a couple needless face plants.  I'd like to blame it on Pabst but really I am just not a great slush pusher. Still, it was better than raking the rocks out of the lawn which I did Sunday!!

Speaking of Sunday, we were downtown and stopped into the Right Aid to pick up some soap.  That is the nexus of Burlington depression, even worse than the Walmart in Williston.  First, you have to navigate the gauntlet of beggars on the street just to get to the entrance which is surrounded by several rascals, more beggars, and a fat woman w/ a mangy dog and 13 kids.  It is like a scene from Dante's Inferno, I'd say the 3rd ring.  I feel bad saying it and maybe I sound like a jerk but it is sad, depressing, and frustrating.  Inside you are treated to a clientele purchasing candy, prescription meds they probably should not have, tobacco, and the worst was the guy w/ his kid buying 2 cases of soda and some drink mix.  I only partially blame these people themselves and actually have to put this one on the "system".  We need to put more emphasis on preventative health care and by that I mean teaching people how to eat well (healthy) and take care of their bodies at a young age.  Health class should be more than half assed floor hockey and awkward 2 week sex ed sessions.  I am not for taxing sugar or soda or anything like that but I am for weighting certain items you can purchase w/ govt. assistance, and trying to figure out how to avoid the diabetes plague that is attacking us because of negligent dietary behavior promoted throughout this country.  There, I said it.

Poop. Had to lighten the mood there... this is not the evening news or anything.  It is the coolest Blog ever!!!

No comments: