Thursday, May 5, 2011

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Why do we celebrate this Mexican holiday?  Is it the Mexican independence day?  Nope!  We are just drunks who like an excuse to eat nachos and drink a Margarita or 12!  May 5th was actually the day that the Mexicans beat back those French punks at the Battle of Puebla in 1862.  It was still a pretty good win so cheers big ears!!!  And remember to mark your calendar... on July 17th we will be celebrating the Battle of Bunker Hill.  We can drink Bud Lattes, eat hot dogs, and beat a pinata formed in the shape of bad financial decisions!  O-Lay!!!!

So I was craving some red meat the other day as I have been eating bird food for the past week w/ my special lady.  I had a small window of opportunity and took a run at Archie's Grill on Rt 7 in Shelburne.  It is a clean enough  place and they use local beef from Laplatte Farm in their burgers.  I went w/ the bacon cheese burger w/ fries.  They cook them all medium but the burger was tender and cooked well.  It was good.  I liked the bacon (taste and consistency), the beef, and the buns were great.  The fries were pretty ok too.  It was a little pricey for a hole in the wall burger joint but not outrageous. If you are looking for a burger in the area and want to sit down or take out I'd go to Archie's again. 1 thumb up and willing to try again.

Now, I am off to party... mucho gusto!!!

No comments: