Monday, May 23, 2011

What a weird day

My weekend was nothing of note though it was relaxing.  Unfortunately i made the mistake of taking out food from Chef Leu after a couple beers on the golf course.  Needless to say I was awake in the middle of the night bidding farewell to the Chef!  I woke up this morning tired and a little flustered but got myself out the door ok.  As I pull out of the driveway I notice a woman about 50yrs old in typical frumpy 50 yr old VT attire standing w/ a umbrella in the driveway next door.  It is a long drive and I don't really know the neighbors who live there.  The woman seemed confused then half-heartedly put out her thumb to hitch. I drove by but then felt bad.  She looked less than harmless and the wind was whipping w/ rain threatening.  So I stopped and picked her up.  She was apparently new to the area and walking (5-10 miles) into town.  It was an awkward conversation for the 10 minute drive.  Talking about her bike and kayak, her trying out VT, some other random mumbling.  I dropped her off finally and was on my way.  This was a pretty odd way to start my day. I am not sure how it is in other parts of the country but you never run into a young buxom blond looking for a ride?  It is usually creepy old dudes fresh off their 12th DUI, or in some cases... crazy old women w/ no car walking in the wind?

In other news... R.I.P. to one of my favorite characters, Randy Macho Man Savage who died of a heart attack/ car accident?  Why not.  Just remember... The cream rises to the top-a OOOO YEAHHHH!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr0BljPKksM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIaK3hEJiX0&feature=related

No comments: