Monday, April 18, 2011

Jay About Bad Decisions!


I live in Vermont.  Northern Vermont.  It was a choice, I have no one to blame but myself.  So we line up the first VASL soccer game of the preseason for this past Saturday.  In many places in the good old US of A it is warming up, trees and flowers are blooming, people are cruising around in t-shirts.  We get to the field and it is probably 38 degrees with a howling wind and a little stinging rain.  OK, this sucks.  I am 30+yrs old and my body is not as loose as it used to be.  In cold damp weather it is hard to warm up.  But ok, this is no problem.  Then it starts to snow.  Yup, this is starting to really suck but no problem. We get started and it is butt ass cold.  Within 5 seconds I take a rocket shot off my left quad which hurts like a mo-fo!  Did I mention we are playing on artificial turf?  Yeah, it is hard and fast... real fast!  Well, at least it could not getting any worse.  Oh wait... It then started dropping hail. F*ing hail!  Stinging, cold, slippery... yeah, this sucked pretty bad.  And we lost.  The only upside was watching some kid on the other team get called for a foul and then turn into a screaming, swearing, spitting roid freak.  Seriously, he started foaming at the mouth and dropping f-bombs like a maniac.  Did I mention this was a preseason game that did not count for anything?

One other thing for this post.  My special lady and I dropped into a large box grocery store and realized how snobby we had become.  This Hannaford's had long aisles filled w/ chips, candy, and soda.  Fat people cruised around w/ carts full of faux food.  One of the major categories for an aisle was "drink mix".  What the f*ck is drink mix and does it need it's own section?!  The capper was when we got in line we could smell the dude in front of us from a few feet away.  He was already drunk mid afternoon.  I am guessing the last shower experience was possibly 3 days ago?  We had his money out well in advance and could not wait to give the checkout girl the cash and cruise out w/ his sole purchase... 6 pack of beer.  I was pretty uninterested in seeing him later in the parking lot or out on the road.  Probably a good call, when we saw him drive by in the lot his car looked like it was no stranger to a bump and grind or two.  Sad really.

Did I mention it was hailing up here the other day.  F*ING HAILING!!!!!

No comments: