Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Jay about dead horse beatin'!


So sticking w/ my work and fecal matters theme... I have noticed of late a phenomena I will call "crap nappers".  We have 2 stalls for business in the men's room in our office and 75% of the time you are in there you will be sharing some time w/ someone.  I think all bathrooms no matter how clean are meant to be used quickly, effeciently, and for the business they were intended.  Sure, there are times you may be in there longer than others but you are at least trying to get out of Dodge.  Well, crap nappers are an interesting breed.  I have been in the bathroom lately and beside me I know someone is in the next stall.  I know this.  But, it is deadly silent.  No obvious noises, wiping, page turning from a financial times article (or Nat. Geo. of mine they are about to pilfer), not even breathing.  Sometimes I worry and think about calling for help incase they are dead?! Ultimately I wonder if they are just sleeping?  Weird right?  If you are there the whole time I am and are not doing anything at all (let alone your intended purpose)... then what the f*** are you in there doing?!  If you are a crap napper and reading this, leave a response, I am curious?

OK, enough of that unpleasantness... had some apps at Bistro 156 last night.  OK, not great.  The buffalo wings were fine.  The pulled pork nachos needed more pork and were a little soggy.  I got a kazoo this weekend. It is great.  Pretty sure my co-workers hate me a little more than before.  that's ok, I will serenade them w/ my kazoo!  We were down in Manchester, VT to meet the in-laws on Saturday.  Suprising amount of tri-state guidos.  Lots of steroids, fake boobs, and tight t-shirts w/ dragons on them.  Not many necks to speak of?  We met up at Depot 62 which is a cool place.  It is a furniture store w/ a turkish cafe inside. The furniture is expensive but they had some cool pieces.  As for the chow.  I had a delicious piece of baklava and a thick Turkish coffee.  Some of the other things such as the hummus and the pizzas also looked very good.  I would definitely go back. 

Sunday we spent 2 hours cleaning the fridge.  Yup... the fridge.  Why?  Cause it looked like Zuul was holding court in there waiting for the keymaster.  Can you guess the obscure reference?



Not sure why I found this so amusing but I will leave you with...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWNLPl7oIRc&feature=relmfu