Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Serenity Now!


Man, sometimes work is a royal pain in my ass. Dealing w/ minutia and some of the random shit is so annoying, but unfortunately necessary. So I am trying to finish up my day and mellow out before I go 4-Loko on some unsuspecting sucker.


So here is a quick something to chew on. I was not welcome at home last night as my special lady was hosting a couple friends for a cooking party. Ok, fair enough. So I had a couple beers and talked shop w/ a buddy then thought about what to do. Drink more beer at a bar? That sounded decidedly dangerous. Go get some chow? Eating out is a bit fattening and would not kill enough time (plus more beer would enter into the equation). I will let you in on a little secret... I am as fat as I have been in a long time. I had trimmed down then a perfect storm of too many Bud Heavies, too much cheese and cookies and everything else, plus a lapse in my exercise routine... got me looking like I was trying to smuggle a basketball out of the office. So more melted cheese and fries sounded less than ideal. Hey, I know, how about going to a movie my wife may or may not care about? Jackpot!! So I hit up Hall Pass in SoBu. There were 7 other people in the theater. Maybe 12 others in the whole "cineplex". Needless to say I had my pick of choice seating. After 22 uninspiring previews we were off. I like Farrelly movies, usually alot. This was not one of those times. It was kind of funny and there was one scene that was really great. Mostly there were just a few chuckles from myself and the other 7 patrons. Plus Jenna Fischer had a really weird tan makeup job. It was really fake looking. Overall you may like it and it is probably worth renting for $5 but don't waste the money at the theater. If someone tells you it is better than The Hangover (NYTimes), please punch them in the face for me. And for the Wolfpack. 1 thumb kind of sideways.

No comments: