Thursday, February 24, 2011

Time for Shop Talk!!


I am thinking about a new game... what goofy color shirt is my co-worker OenoSteve wearing today? Cue the music... Yesterday we had day-glow pink. Today, it is an Easter Egg shade of yellow. If you guessed bright yellow, give yourself a hand!!! BTW, look at the number he was rocking a few months ago. If you could really see the shirt under that violet sweater you would laugh... like I did. OenoSteve is a good sport so we can joke him a little.


OK, here is another tale from the office. We typically stock some interesting reading material in the men's room. Now, I am not interested in reading War and Peace while in stink town but sometimes you are working through a situation and may enjoy a little mental stimulation. Just sayin'. Well, our typical fare is a few car magazines, maybe a financial rag, and several gun/hunting magazines. Yeah, seriously. So out of the goodness of my heart I went down to the bookstore last Tues. and purchased a snowboard mag., an ESPN mag., and a National Geographic. Well, I went to use the facilities on Thurs. and lo and behold... no National Geographic! I checked both stalls, gone! Who the f*ck steals a magazine from the bathroom? It is wrong on several levels but let's mention the most obvious. One, I BOUGHT that and those are not cheap. Plus, I never even got to read the damn thing!!! An even more pressing issue... that is gross! When something goes in the bathroom it is not meant to come out. Period. I mean it is the most unsanitary place in the building. Are you taking it to your desk? Home? Were you really that interested in domesticated foxes of northern Canada?!?!?! Are times really that tough?! Just disturbing.


I guess that is enough for now. Tomorrow is casual Friday so get your funny shirt color guesses ready! Orange? Purple? Blue and Red vertical stripes? Fuchsia polka dots? Who knows?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to work on a big open floor with about 300 people. I subscribed to the WSJ and would read it every morning, and leave it on my desk. An older fellow who worked on the same floor came by one day and asked if he could borrow it, so I said "sure". This was about 10:30 in the morning. 20 minutes later he walks by and says here you go, and tries to hand me the paper back. "wait a minute, where were you just now?" I asked. "In the can" he said...."AGH! I DO NOT WANT THAT PAPER BACK!!!!"

J-Bird said...

that is gross. like double dipping the chip, just take one dip and END IT!!