Monday, February 14, 2011

Wow, I really f*d that one up


We decided to do a pretty brief hike yesterday... one that the special lady and I do all the time. It is not super technical and usually pretty well travelled so the path is well worn. Apparently not yesterday. We rolled up sans snowshoes and were quickly up to our thighs in deep crusty snow. What a pain in the ass! At the top of one ridge the wind was whipping, we had snow in our boots, and the only was to really move was to crawl on all fours to create more surface area... like a f*ing polar bear! I don't even want to know what people (or polar bears) would think if they saw us! We finally got to a high point and it was time to sled down! All that hard work would be rewarded right? WRONG!!! The sled we had was warped and sucked and the snow was so deep, even with decent pitch you could not go more than 2 feet. So we had to trudge down through equally heavy snow. It was really unpleasant. Not as unpleasant as shovelling my roof... but pretty darn close. Was my wife impressed and happy about the great exercise we got? Nope!! Again, apparently, (I am the only one these things are not apparent to), wet cold socks, and not fun deep snow walking is not a good way to spend a Sunday... who knew?!


On Saturday, we did some work around the house and rented The Social Network on PPV. I don't like that actor who plays Zuckerberg and think Facebook is for weirdos (like my wife, haha), but what the heck. It is up for all sorts of awards and has won several but that is ridiculous. It was good and certainly entertaining but not great by any means. The music was well suited and it definitely made to dislike most if not all of the players in the saga. It is worth a rent but you could wait for it to show up on HBO and probably feel ok about it. 1 1/4 thumbs henpecking at a keyboard about things "I like".


Ok, time to go and make amends to my special lady. She is a gem.

No comments: