Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Jay About President's Day Weekend!


Man, there is nothing like a 3 day weekend. I especially enjoy it when the off day is Monday. Your body tells you that you should be going to work, but nope! Then you have a short week to look forward to, it is great. We did a couple things for the weekend. On Friday we ate leftovers, nothing special there. On Saturday, we went to a friends and had a really nice brunch. Our pal made an amazing cheesy oniony tart thing. The crust was great. The best part of Saturday? After brunch my special lady went to look at wedding dresses w/ a girlfriend and I went to... the couch! I watched some basketball, read a magazine, ate pistachios, and had a cocktail. It was everything I could have hoped for and more. Oh, but Jay... why didn't you go outside and enjoy nature?! Cause it was f*cking cold and windy, that's why!!


On Sunday we did get out and about. We hiked up Camel's Hump. It was nice until we got to the top, at which point it was like -20 degrees with a howling wind. We stayed at the top for two seconds then retreated to the tree line to clear our ringing heads and try to avoid frostbite. It was a good hike though. Then another nice dinner at home with a nice pork loin, apple chutney, and wheat berries. What is a wheat berry? What am I a doctor? How the hell should I know?! It was like barley or something. A good conduit for the apple. We washed it down w/ a bottle of Pierre Joulet because we are super fancy.


Monday was the big deal. We got together w/ some folks for lunch and Bloody Mary's. The Bloodies were made w/ freshly juiced veggies and herbs and rimmed w/ Old Bay seasoning. Delicious and chock full of vitamins! I felt like a hundred bucks! My lady knocked the cover off lunch w/ a baked egg topped w/ melted cheese and siting on top of bacon, spinach, and onions browned up in bacon grease. That my friends is money in the bank! She had also made coffee cake muffins that were awesome. It was by no means a healthy meal but I am sure the vitamin rich cocktails countered the massive cholesterol intake (again, I am not a doctor so...). It was great. After that we came home and watched a couple episodes from the first season of Dexter. That is a messed up show. It is good but holy smokes, it is weird.


One last tidbit, we watched Red the other night. It was entertaining and worth a flier if you can get it on Netflix or HBO. I would not pay up for it but the acting is pretty tongue in cheek and they blow a bunch of shit up. 1 thumb on the trigger of a sniper rifle yo!!!

No comments: