Monday, March 21, 2011

Jay About... To Be Sick!!!


OK, so those who know me know that I have what you might describe as a "sensitive constitution". That said, I have some boundaries. They are loose subject to change without notice but they are there. Well, apparently someone came into our office building this weekend (possible a vagrant... or a college kid), and took a dump in one of the 2 elevators. Yeah, I know right?! Somehow the building was unlocked at least the front door though not into our offices, and this person decided that a proper course of action would be to Release the Kracken! on the elevator. On the upside, they had the foresight to grab a fern leaf from the I believe fake plant in the lobby to clean up and cover up the evidence. It was mostly cleaned up when I got to work today but it still smelled pretty f**d up. If you are a building owner or a property manager, locking the doors at night and on the weekends has to be a pretty high priority right? I lock our house at night and when we are away and it certainly does not cost millions, contain paying lease holders, or attract weekend loaf pinchers. Just sayin'.


Rest of the weekend was pretty quiet. I have really been enjoying the NCAA tourney even if my bracket looks like an elevator turd. The Big East always gets tons of press, a bunch of teams in the tournament and then they implode. UConn looks good and Marquette is having a nice run but jeez. Pitt, ND, Syracuse, Georgetown?! Seriously?!


We also had a solid "bread" over at American Flatbread this weekend. We put our names in for Pennycluse and the wait was to be an hour. We checked back around 45 minutes later and they said it would be another 25. F*** those guys. The wait is always ridiculous and frankly while the food is good it is not that good. For a wait over 1 hour the food had either be transcendent or I should have the off chance of seeing Charlie Sheen make out with Denise Richards and Naomi Campbell and then donkey punch the line cook after my bread course! That would be worth an hour wait. So where was I? Oh yeah... we bailed and went to American Flatbread where we were able to enjoy a not bad Bloody Mary (w/ 8oz beer back) while waiting 25 minutes for our table and then we had a pretty good "bread", 1/2 egg white frittata (better than it sounds) and 1/2 peperoni and peppers (as good as it sounds). Set me right for the day.


Now I have to seriously think about either playing elevator roulette or taking 8 flights of stairs!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

OMG-the shit in the elevator made me laugh outloud. Downtown Burlington-seedy place. I think someone might also be telling you to start using the stairs.

J-Bird said...

I know, but it is 8 floors! One of the more ridiculous true stories I have had lately