Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Lucy in the SkyBurger with Heartburn


Ok ok... that may not be fair. I had a pretty big day w/ new (to me) food experiences Friday. For lunch we turned our backs on pizza Friday and went for Asiana Noodle House. Not knowing what to order I opted for a Bento Box. Well, the teriyaki chicken was ok but a little overcooked and a little cold. I liked the tempura veggies but the shrimp was so so at best. The miso soup was good but very salty. Salad was limp and the dressing was gross and heavy handed. The sushi? Slimy and just not fresh. I think that may be a eat in place for JUST soup. 1 thumb down on the Bento box.


Later my stomach recovered and it was on to SkyBurger! I had taken down a couple beers here and even tried the fried green beans app but that was it. Friday was the full monty! While everyone else in my party went light I could not order a mama or baby burger... it just didn't feel right. So I went papa burger w/ bacon and coleslaw . We also had fried onion petals for an app although they came out w/ the burgers which came out very fast. Mine was actually quite good. The bacon was crispy, the coleslaw was vinegar-y which fit well, and the burger itself was well cooked and juicy (and f*ing huge)! The bun was also buttery and quite good. Service was fine, decor was ok (kind of like a budget Johnny Rockets), and it was cheap. My Coke was cold and not too watered down. I thought it was pretty good all in. 1 1/2 thumbs up... until... 3AM when I awoke to abdominal pain I have not experienced in awhile. I was up for an hour wondering if I was going to vomit and sure of what was coming out the other end. My special lady also had heartburn. Maybe just 1 thumb sideways until I can figure out whether it was Sky or Bento that beat me down!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate heavy handed salad dressing! I mean seriously- who does that dressing think they are?

J-Bird said...

thuggery realy...