Tuesday, April 6, 2010

NCAA Finals


Pretty decent game last night. Solid defense, lots of ball movement, 2 well coached teams and interesting storyline. I enjoyed it. BUT... I am giving CBS 2 huge thumbs down for turning a 90 minute game into a 2 hour 37 minute odyssey. You do not need a 3 minute TV timeout... every 2 minutes! There were so many commercials I forgot from time to time I was watching a ballgame. It started to feel like an episode of 24 which after you factor out commercials is more like 3!!! I also thought the referees were overly influenced by the crowd. They really let the Butler Bulldogs hack away and get away with a few travels etc... Don't get me wrong, I am no Dukie... I hate the legacy and still am not a huge Singler/Scheyer fan. But fair is fair and anytime a Duke guard went to the rim he was risking a grade 2 concussion. Speaking of... Matt Howard, like the intensity but maybe just tone it down a bit so you can play more. Love the dirtstache. I do like Zoubek, knows his role on the team, works hard, doesn't try to do too much. After this season I need to totally rethink the way I pick games because the "mid-major" phenomena seems legit.


Sorry for the lack of posts, I have been a bit distracted but there is lots to talk about so I will try to get back in the flow later this week...

No comments: