Monday, May 3, 2010

Weekend Warrior!


It was a really nice weekend up here... to celebrate? My special lady and I worked! She ran 11 miles on Saturday and then spent the majority of Sunday working on an event before joining me for a rousing trip to Lowe's to explore flooring and paint prospects! I have now spent what feels like a majority of my 30s damned home improvement stores! Know what would improve my house right now? A bulldozer! Of course on Saturday I was mowing the lawn, scraping paint, and doing other odds and ends around the house. I was able to read a little bit in the sun on Sunday and that was pleasant. We also made a quick stop at the Flatbread Factory on Rt. 7 in Shelburne (or South Burlington... it's pretty close). I was a little wary as I thought they were trying to rip off the success of the American Flatbread franchise that has been so successful here in VT. But you cannot judge until you get in the mix. First off, it was bloody hot in there! The space itself was pretty solid though, it had a very nice sports bar type feel. Dark wood, accessible bar, open seating, and a huge TV! They were also rocking about 10 beers on tap from the old standard Bud Light to new standards like Dogfish 60min. IPA, and a few local micros tossed in for good measure. The beer was nice and cold. Good start. The menu is nothing to gush about but again, think sports bar. We shared a house salad and a red marguerita pizza. The salad was not bad. Seemed pretty fresh, the dressing was a nice tangy lemon thing but was a little heavy handed (apparently common occurance in this town). The "flatbread" was good not great. The dough was similar to what they sell frozen in grocery stores for do it yourself pies. I tend to like it. The pizza was salty, but ok. The mozz was good, the basil was pretty fresh. The service was very good, they were trying but not in your face. And it was cheap. Overall I give it 1 1/2 thumbs up for what it is, an easy place to grab a beer some chow and watch a ballgame.

No comments: