Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Well, what do you know



I have not had a mad Jay in traffic post in awhile but today was epic.  I am usually pretty aggressive out there on the road but in recent weeks my kids have me so beaten down in the morning I just try to get in to work w/out glazing over and driving in a tree.  Today I was cruising up route 7 and people were all over the place. Swerving in and out and plenty of assholes cutting other assholes off sans blinker of course. One woman in a Volvo SUV driving her kid to school was particularly terrifying.  So I get to a place where the road moves from 4 lanes to 6 in front of Denny's.  The far right lane is for turning right onto the Interstate... the far left lane is purely for thru traffic on 7, the middle can go either way.  Naturally this is always a shit show.  So I get in the middle behind a huge Booska moving truck. I am going straight but like to be in the middle lane as it clears out some suckers turning right.  I notice to my left a dingbat woman driving a white Mini Cooper. I know she is trouble.  Sure enough as the light turns green she starts moving right and right at my front left fender without looking in her rear view mirror or putting on a turn signal.  It was not like I swerved into that middle lane... I had been sitting there through a traffic light. So I honk before this train wreck hits me. F*ing asshat flips me off .  I must have missed the memo where you are obligated to flip a person off when you nearly hit them while not paying attention?  Good to know. As I pulled along side she yelled at me and flipped me off again.  Needless to say I returned the bird and mouthed something I cannot post publicly. If you know a middle aged woman who drives a white Mini Cooper in the Burlington area... tell her Jay says "F*ck you douchebag!".  Even if it was not her anyone who drives a white Mini Cooper in VT is probably a D-bag so feel free to pass that along.  Same for the college kid in the gray BMW 525i who was facing straight down texting yesterday. You are also a D-bag.

I guess I am also a D-bag... our cleaning people recently stopped showing up and neither answer or return calls. Ever been fired by a cleaning lady?  Was it my cat?  I suppose the economy must be pretty good to give up guaranteed cash flow.  I am in the wrong business.

No comments: