Monday, April 8, 2013

Never be the same



NCAA basketball championship tonight.  I love that tournament.  Will I be watching? Nope. Taking my kids up to bed for the 3 hour go to sleep ritual. Game of Thrones was on last night.  Great show.  Did I see it?  Nope. Iron Man 3 coming out in like a week... will I go see it?  Only if I skip work. New 3 Penny Taproom opening in the Noosk... will I go check it out?  Probably not. I don't do shit anymore.  I clean diapers, feed babies, clean up after babies, sometimes clean up after myself, get ready for bed, calm down screaming babies... repeat.  I think parents do not tell you how f*d up it is to be a parent because they see how happy and relaxed you are and then they lie to you so you will join the parent zombie nation! I love my kids but they are slowing killing me. That said they are cute and when they are great they are really great.

We went on a drive this weekend and decided to throw caution to the wind and stop for a bite to eat at the Prohibition Pig.  On the way in the door the owner who was doing some stuff out front gave us an astonished look and said "Twins?! Boy that must be alot of work!".  We went to the host station and asked to be seated far from anyone else... for their protection!  We ordered a couple beers some duck fat fries and a beet salad.      The food was delicious.  The fries were crispy, a little salty and had a nice potato flavor.  The salad was also very fresh and delicious. About 1/2 way into our food our daughter started fussing.  No problem, my special lady rocked her car seat.  Then the fussing started to get louder. Then the little boy chimed in.  I did not have a pacifier for him, it got lost. Shit.  The fussing was getting louder.  It was fine because the music was a good volume and there was plenty of ambient noise.  People close to us only started looking when the waitress panicked.  That said we had to get our fries packed up and the check... tout suite!  That is my life.  Shovelling in food that is often cold and on the go. 2 more victims of the parent zombie plague.  I can't wait until the kids are old enough to be prodigies we can put on TV... even though I still won't be able to watch it!

2 comments:

Mama Bear said...

Shit. Your figured out our strategy, Welcome to parenthood, sucka!

J-Bird said...

I feel I have been entrapped!