Monday, June 18, 2012

What a weekend



The sun was out and it was beautiful up here in VT.  I played a wonderful round of golf on Friday afternoon and then banged out a bunch of work around the house on Saturday.  We went to a BBQ Sat. night at our friends' place and it was wild.  The guest list was huge and when we arrived (late) it was like another world.  When the door opened it was much like Munchkin Land in Oz.  There were what seemed like 50830388 little people running around like crazy yelling, tossing shit, and covering themselves in food.  I made my way through the first wave and grabbed some food.  I headed out to the deck thinking my wife was right behind me.  Nope.  She stayed in w/ the adults sans kids while I went into the hoard.  It was pretty funny watching them all running round and the tired looks on the parents faces as the watched to make sure their kids did not run into a wall or anything.  I was exhausted just watching and eating my pulled pork.  Big ups to KB&DG for pulling it together.  The food was delicious, it is hard to sort out a big party like that.

That night my special lady and I retreated to the comfy confines of our quiet house to watch a movie. Boomer still yells at us but F* him.  I want to give my house a name and put the sign out front.  Our place is far from an estate but that would make it funny right?  Yeah, why don't you guys come visit us at "Railroad Track's End"!  Anywho, we settled in for a HBO gem of the night, The Recruit w/ Colin Farrell and Al PACINO!!!!!  Couple things... old Al has become such a caricature of himself it is sometimes hard to watch.  It was also interesting seeing Colin tower over him.  Is Pacino 3 feet tall?  I have seen Colin Farrell up close and the guy is tiny.  Just saying.  The best part of the movie was when Pacino is explaining to Farrell how secret a secret agent is and that no one can ever know and this and that.  They then exit the car in the middle of Washington DC and in typical Pacino fashion he starts screaming..."YOU ARE THE NOC (deep cover guy)!!!!!!!"  Is that how you keep the secret?  Yelling like an insane person?  Check!  That said it was fine, just don't pay to see it.  Well, unless you consider $245/month for HBO paying for it.  Seriously... my cable operator should send hooker magician to my house to give me a hummer rabbit in a hat for what I pay each month for cable.  I do love my TV though.  And magicians.

So the show Girls finally and mercifully ended last night.  If it did not have such a prime slot and so much press would I ever have watched it?  I only watched 3 or 4 episodes anyway and always felt dirty, embarrassed, a little angry, and much dumber afterwards.  What a piece of shit.  Guess I am the asshole since I claim to hate it yet watched the season finale and then wrote about it.  No press is bad press I suppose.  Well, except may the whole Syria thing.  That is not so good.

No comments: