Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Clemens Innocent Huh?



Does it look like Roger Clemens might have had an additional lawyer... whom he ate at some point?  That guy is a scumbag but proves the rule that if you are rich and famous you are not ever going to jail unless you are an absolute train wreck... DMX I am talking to you!  Even Lindsay Lohan is on here 38th strike (this month).

Why is it that conventional wisdom that And Pettite is a "good guy", a stand up guy, a person widely respected throughout the league and the general public.  This is a guy that cheated, took drugs, lied about it, admitted his crime only after being caught, and then waffled and most likely lied to a grand jury to protect his "friend" who previously threw him under the bus.  If I overcharged you for performance fees effectively stealing your money but gave you very solid performance reviews, did blow at my desk, and lied about my co-worker who defrauded you would you think I was a "good guy"?  What if I seemed kind of nice and never did anything like get caught in a seedy hotel with an underage hooker?  Would I be a stand up guy then?  Would you respect me for admitting after the fact I stole your money but I was really sorry about it?  That is what Andy Pettite just did.  He cheated and lied.  It is that simple.  That is not a stand up guy or a good guy... that is a liar and a cheat.  Nothing particularly alarming to me about that and if I knew him we might be pals... but he is still a liar and a cheater.  I am honest and an idiot.

Hey Roger, the just got out of jail buffet just opened at the Country Buffet... better hurry!

No comments: