Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Free IPads!!!!


Nah, not really... unless you steal them from nerds and I cannot condone that **wink wink.  Anyway, strike 2 against the Fiddlehead Brewery in Shelburne.  My lady and I rolled over there Sunday afternoon looking to possibly taste a beer and grab a growler.  Nope.  First off it looks like a dump.  There is crap all over the parking lot and the pizza place which is still not open needs a big clean up effort.  Did I mention the brewery was closed?  Mid day?  On the weekend?  When do they expect to make any money, the prime drinking hours of Mon.-Fri. 9AM-5PM?!?!  Seriously, what the f***?  There was not anyone inside brewing either.  It had snowed on Saturday in the mountains up here but you cannot really take a snow day when you have not really even gotten going can you?  Could I possibly have more rhetorical questions?  So nice work Fiddlehead, you are bringing local incompetence to heights not seen since the antique lamp store on Pine Street that is also not open on the weekends or after 5PM on the weekdays.

After a write up in Seven Days we also stopped by Natalia's Market to try some of the amazing pastries and or Pirogi which I really enjoy.  Yeah, that was also a bust.  There was another like minded couple in there and we were all surprised (well, actually I wasn't) to find there was only one busted looking chocolate roll in the pastry case and an over sized fake looking brownie type thing.  Certainly not the "authentic" Ukrainian we were led to believe would be there.  A familiar sight was that of the crusty not very friendly old man behind the counter.  Seven Days got a picture of him smiling somehow.  I have a couple of inappropriate theories.  Here was an excerpt for a conversation he had as we were leaving sans pastries...

Patron: I finally won something on a scratch ticket from your store!
Cranky Old Man w/ Ukrainian accent: What you win!?!
Patron:28 dollars, I am so...
Old Man: Give ticket!  Take Money!

That is exuberance my friends!  By the way, any idea how stoked I am to watch the academy award winning The Artist?!?!  About as excited as cranky old man.  I will never see that stupid movie, it looks boring.  I did happen to see the JLo nip slip and I thought the wardrobe seemed a little malfunctiony.  There must have been some kind of wardrobe malfunction on Cameron Diaz's face as well?  HAHA I kid, I will be here all week!!!!!

No comments: