Friday, February 24, 2012

1 Guy Who Likes 5 Guys... Wait, That Sounds Weird?!?!


So a new 5 Guys burger joint came to Burlington recently and my buddy JB and I ventured out at lunch to try it out.  We got there around 11:40 and the place was a mob scene.  It has been open a few weeks... this was not opening day or nuthin'!  The place is pretty sparse, it looks like a barely renovated 50's burger shack but whatever.  I got in line behind JB who is a veteran and prepared myself as if I were ordering mulagatani from the soup nazi.  I ordered the regular cheeseburger "all in" or something like that.  It meant w/ everything. We shared some Cajun fries which was fine, they pack a shit ton in the bag.  It was a crazy process ordering and then watching the kitchen go crazy making the food.  A bunch of people all crowd around like fools who crowd the airport line even though their row has not been called.  We waited around 15 minutes which was a little uncomfortable but then grabbed our chow and cruised.  I had my cheeseburger, the shared fries, and an orange Fanta which was the right call barely edging out Cherry Coke and root beer. 

Well, the burger is pretty damn big.  2 patties that are freshly grilled and of solid quality.  On top of that mine had mustard, mayo, ketchup, sauteed onions and mushrooms, lettuce, tomatoes, and pickles.  Am I a fat f***?  Yes.  Yes I am.  Anyway, it was delicious!  The bun was great, the burger was great, and the condiments were great.  The fries were a little mushy but tasted ok.  I cannot eat this kind of food often and would never sit down there but I am giving it 1 1/1 thumbs up and will be back!  Even better, they are opening another one closer to me on Church Street.  i am just putting on my Spring weight, don't worry about it.

No comments: