Monday, November 15, 2010

Jay About the House




I just completed a 4 day weekend that I crafted around Veteran's Day and it was pretty ok. I slept in every day (think 10am), I watched a couple movies, read a book, did some stuff around the house, drank a couple beers. I did not actually know what day of the week it was on Saturday I was so blissfully ignorant! A couple quick notes... we had dinner at L'Amante Friday night and they really fell down. Our waitress was young and a bit of a train wreck. She brought me the wrong meal (after a very long wait) and then brought the correct one which apparently was salted pasta. No comp ted drink let alone meal. I think when you f*** up you need to make amends, especially to a good and regular customer such as myself. Booo L'Amante. We also had lunch at 2 Brothers in Middlebury which was about as gross as you might expect. It is cheap and not too awesome pub food. I would avoid it. On the plus side they town built a new bridge to ease traffic in and out of the downtown/college area. One of the old watering holes Mr. Ups, is now directly under the bridge... like a troll. Do you ever really want to eat in a restaurant under a bridge? In Vermont? Me neither. Trolls.




I read a Stephen King short story the other day Morality. It is as expected, pretty f*** up. It is not a horror story and it is not gory, just pretty odd. Give it a read some time, it is pretty short.

No comments: