Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Jay About the HJ House


Boy... getting a little long between posts these days (long... hahaha). But here we are and I have a new review! A Japanese restaurant opened up here in Burlington and the boys and I decided to give it an early run for lunch, we are hip like that. It is in a bit of an odd spot. It is across from a regular spot of ours the Green Room so it is solid for take out after a beer or two but... it is in an old AG Edwards retail shop on a side street w/ no way to really tell where it is if you are not looking for it (not a recipe for success in Burlington). The space inside looks like a regular cheap Chinese restaurant. Hey, what do you know... that is what the menu looked like too! So ok, it is a Chinese restaurant masquerading as a Japanese restaurant... I don't have a major problem w/ that, I am a progressive kind of guy. What about the food? Well, I suggest calling ahead, there are only one or two people working so any order takes forever. We were there 30+ minutes waiting for Chinese take-out. At least it would be fresh and hot though. Not so fast tough guy! It was kind of cold. I had cucumber rolls, they were ok at best. Next up, the lunch special #8, tender ribs and rice. One thing I will mention is that my buddy's comment was "what kind of animal's ribs do you think these are?". Good question T-Pain, and one for which I do not have an answer. The rice was pretty good, and the random chicken wing it came w/ was actually very crispy and pretty tasty. I'd give the place 1/2 a thumb up, they have some work to do.

No comments: