Thursday, December 17, 2009

Flu Me?! Flu You!!!


So by writing this post I can almost guarantee I will be sick in the next week or two but I am forging ahead... I read a story today on Bloomberg news relating to the flu. Apparently there have been next to no cases of "seasonal" flu this year as it has been crowded out by the dreaded "swine" flu. Bad news right? Wrong. Swine flu has killed 10k people this year, 1/3 the amount that seasonal flu annually kills. Hey, this is like global warming to me... you should drink OJ, wash your hands, try to stay healthy by all means, but if you believed the media you would think we were all going to die from the f*ing flu! People get sick, old people and children have weaker immune systems and have trouble fighting tough flu's off. This is not new nor is it news. Why do we need to find something to panic about, to slap the term pandemic on?


Went to the Bluebird Tavern for the second time last night... off the chain yo! They make a not bad Old Fashion. Head cheese sounds scary right? Well, it is delicious when fried up crispy and served on cheesy grits my friends. Deviled egg? You are devilish you little scamp! The bacon was a bid crunchy though, as in I used it to scrape the ice off my car after dinner. For my main course I rocked rabbit. It was good but there was so much fried food (meat and veggies all fried) on my plate I nearly had a coronary finishing it all... which I did! 1 8/10s up, it was a little chilly in the dining room.

No comments: