Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas is here


I can't believe I am at work today. The phone rang once between 8-10AM. Seriously... I had a pleasant day off w/ the special lady yesterday though. We did some last minute present wrapping, she made a lovely lunch (stuffed acorn squash), and we watched Mad Men and a Harry Potter movie. So the other night we had our group holiday party at Bistro 156. I will say, they did a pretty ok job. Our CIO set it up and they rolled out a series of decent apps and one waitress kept the drinks flowing. The sliders were kind of like budget White Castle but the wings were ok (I liked the spicy Thai sauce), the cheese platter was good and the artichoke dip was not bad. All in all acceptable. 1 thumb up. It is a nice space. We are all guys (except 1 trooper KB who really holds her own), so the random office hook up is out of play, except one guy was hugging alot and I might have gotten my butt grabbed. In fairness though, I am quite hard to resist. As usual though we get a little tipsy and talk shit. Sports, movies, work... pretty much everything is in play (even my height... which is B.S. since I am average for a male in the U.S.!). I like to give my boss a hard time, he is a good sport about it though. Treats me like one of those small dogs that bark alot. For some reason my keycard did not work this morning though? (just kidding). I will give credit where credit is due, most places you work the folks at the top sit in their ivory tower and send out orders to their minions. At our place those same folks will look you in the eye and engage in sometimes difficult dialogue. That is not easy but does give people a sense they are important. Now if we could just do something about those clowns that trade Corporates... The capper as usual was my cab ride home. For some reason the cabbies in Burlington want you to ride shotgun so that they can share their life stories w/ you. Oh, your brother is married to a 300lb. woman and does not save any money? Fascinating! You are a level 12 ogre on World of Warcraft? Alright! I should go to the Rusty Scuffer more often because your cousin works there and makes a great steak? Well sir, I think you are on to something!! I have a 30minute ride home... 2 thumbs down! So there you have it, next stop family business. Wish me luck!! Here is an old school video... maybe NSFW for bad language.




Have a happy long weekend!


No comments: