Monday, August 10, 2009

Wedding Hangover


Well, it was a big weekend as the JBs made it official down at the Trapp Valley Lodge in Stowe. Beautiful location, perfect day... really a wonderful wedding. The crowd assembled was very fun and the reception was really great as well. I would easily put this into my top percentile on the wedding scale... 2 huge thumbs up all the way around. A few highlights... Michael's on the Hill in Stowe, excellent passed hors d'oeuvres (my highlight food item of the weekend, perfect size, delicate flavors,well put together), wickedly good pineapple infused vodka on the rocks, nice lobster bisque, excellent salad course, good but not stellar main course (pork and or trout), and good strawberry rhubarb shortcake. They do a nice job up there. Thanks to the Senior B's for a fun time Fri. night. Saturday we did a little hike up Stowe Pinnacle and then grabbed a quick sandwich at Shaw's General Store in downtown Stowe. Very attractive women work there (if that is your thing, and it might be mine!) and the Turkey Rachel was pretty good. Liked the Thousand Island dressing and the coleslaw... turkey was only ok and I wish it had been heated. Then off to the wedding! The location at Trapp is really fantastic, the venue itself is pretty ok as well. They had a nice presentation and the food was pretty good. I had a well prepared beef tenderloin that came w/ a potato strudel which was delicious. Wedding food is never easy and I think they did well. From there it was dancing time and the crowd was enthusiastic as was the band. So there you have it... I will not go into the gory details (just know I woke up in my own bed and seemed to be in 1 piece)!


We stayed at the 10 Acres Inn... I am not sure it was really on 10 acres. Pretty no frills place, it is clean and perfectly acceptable as a place to stay a night or two.


Saw that movie about Notorious B.I.G. this weekend Notorious. The special lady and I both enjoyed it. As movies go these days... it had an interesting story, ok actors, and kept the intensity up for 2 hours. 1.5 thumbs up.


BTW, too had about John Hughes dying... that guy was prolific! Sure we all know about Pretty in Pink, and 16 Candles, but he produced the Home Alone movies, The Great Outdoors, Uncle Buck, 101 Dalmatians, wrote Mr. Mom, and Beethoven's 2nd. Really amazing...



R.I.P. Red Sox 2009 title hopes... pitching in the tank and now the batting lineup turned old overnight... tough to watch.

No comments: