Tuesday, August 18, 2009

end of an era


today will be a 2 post day... I will get the shitty one out of the way first. Yesterday we paid the price that finance firms often do, a loss of some people due to not so great performance. I have always thought of this place as a family (good and bad) so any and every loss hurts. Yesterday was particularly painful as my longtime friend and associate was let go. It was a sad day for everyone as he is generally regarded as one of the "good guys" in the industry. This person got me into the company and into the industry and had a hand in other folks getting their feet wet here as well. He also worked tirelessly, even in tough situations and gave his blood, sweat, and tears to this company over the last decade. So here is a shout out to a good person and a good friend who I know will be back before long and I am sure better than ever.

No comments: