Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Jay's Amazing Soggy Adventure!


F*ing rain... seriously, f*ing rain. It rained Friday, it poured Sunday, it is threatening this afternoon. That is It! I have had it w/ this mother f*ing rain on this motherf*ing plane!!! OK, I feel better... So the special lady and I packed up the car and went to stay w/ friends C&E Music Factory (in from the west coast) at their family place in the Adirondacks... on Big Moose Lake. It is a lovely lake, not too crowded, and the house is really fantastic in that old Adirondacks style. Friday was rainy but we read a bit, and chatted, and had a few drinks and some dinner. BTW, enchiladas are A-OK in my book! As is scotch! Saturday started pretty ominous but the clouds burned off midday and it turned into a hot and sunny day. We paddled canoes, read, swam, my lady showed off her water skiing chops (she is very good), and ate and drank again. Both nights were fun but early which was perfect. Sunday it poured, I mean absolutely poured. After our goodbyes, we slogged home. Beautiful drive though, even in the rain. No moose?!


We spent the rest of Sunday watching movies... I watched "Watchmen". It was visually quite stunning, the story was a little pretentious but some of the characters were interesting. I have not read the comic book but the movie assumed the audience was stupid and pounded obvious themes over their heads. Overall I would give it 1 thumb up... cut 45 minutes out, way less blue weiner, little more subtlety...


Oh hey, look... more parking in Burlington!

No comments: