Friday, October 26, 2007

Schill for the Man




2 down... 2 to go! 1 night after laying an absolute smackdown on the Rockies, the Red Sox worked to pull out a gutsy 2-1 win. Curt Schilling may be as old as my dad but that old fart can throw. The buzzword du jour... guile. Shilling didn't have gas but he did have "GUILE". I guess I need to brush up on my English because I had no idea guile meant "bad hitting lineup used to hitting in a huge park 50K feet above sea level"?! In any event... it was a great game and once again crusty Mike Lowell came up with a huge play that ultimately swung the game in their favor. Lowell has created a tough situation for any GM in baseball. He played way over his head in a contract year. As much as you like his "guile" and his glove, he will never hit like this again. So as a Red Sox fan you hate to lose him, realize you cannot replace him, but ultimately need to let him go. Was that last little blurb a little weepy?! Well F*** YOU!!! Just kidding, Mike Lowell is great, I hope he gets a big contract somewhere in the National League.

My wife is out of town so I was also able to watch a movie last night... no, not that kind of movie! Clerks 2, it was way too wordy. Unlike the first movie, the dialogue was not very witty. They just swore alot and made a bunch of gay jokes. The only redeeming quality was a sort of funny donkey love gag, and Rosario Dawson... who was pretty cute (i.e. hot!). Just in case you were wondering, I ate a cookie... BEFORE DINNER! Then had a couple beers, leftovers, another cookie, and fell asleep on the couch. That is the glamorous life of the bachelor, soak it in baby!!!

No comments: