Monday, October 31, 2011

Jay About Don Pedro


So it was a pretty shitty start to the day today (though not as bad as some w/out power due to the snow).  Yesterday the Patriots sucked some serious taint.  I mean, I have not seen defense that bad since the karate kid slipped that crane kick in to knock Johnny on his ass.  Towards the end of the game I started fighting w/ the wife, then I f*d up the spigot while bottling beer and poured sticky stout all over the floor.  Meanwhile the cat was going f*ing crazy howling and scratching, and making a scene.  Fast forward to this morning... our shower has this old fixture where you adjust a pin in or out to divert water to the tub or the shower.  It is a stupid thing and had already broken once.  Well, it got some use this weekend and this morning was busted, so we both took showers w/ very little water pressure while water poured out of the tub faucet.  F*ck.  Next, I am doing some business and when I go to grab some toilet paper the roller which was installed by a crooked contractor detaches from the wall and the TP rolls away.  I hate my house.  Traffic coming in sucked.  When I got to the office the boiler was busted so the building had no heat.  I went for a coffee but Starbucks is closed for renovations so I had to f*ing walk in the cold and wind to get my caffeine.  What a pain in the ass.

Anywho, I had to run an errand in Winooski yesterday so my special lady and I took the opportunity to try out the new taqueira, Don Pedro's.  We went in w/ low expectations as should be afforded to a cheap taco joint.  It was not very full and a little busy in terms of menu and order space.  We got a couple combo plates and a couple margs and settled in.  They have decent tequila and the margarita's were actually quite good.  The regular was a tad sweet but the blood orange was very good and tasted live juice as opposed to mix.  We then got our food on a red tray and dug in.  It was pretty simple but good.  I had a rotisserie roasted chicken taco which was pretty solid and a very good Cabot cheese enchilada w/ red sauce.  My lady had a chicken and braised beef taco.  The beef was a little dry but the flavor was good.  We also got chips which were crispy and not too greasy.  The salsa were all pretty good w/ the avocado one a real winner, very limey.  The owner stopped by to chat for a minute which was a nice touch... good to show pride in your business.  Overall it was very enjoyable for what it was.  I thought it was the best Mexican I have had locally, which is not a ringing endorsement but still, I liked it very much and would certainly be a repeat offender there.  1 1/2 thumbs up and could go higher w/ repeat success.

No comments: