Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Congrats


To my friend T-Pain and his new bride B-Pain!  A crew of us headed to the Edson Hill Manor for the wedding and I for one and a darned fun time.  Tried not to be #1 guest, and I think I largely succeeded.  Food was good and despite the rain the setting was also very nice.  I think the company men really carried on like some good old fashioned muckety mucks!!!  Good to see and hang w/ some of the guys I don't see on a daily basis as well.  Always fun.  We also rolled in a Middlebury Transit "luxury van" which was nice as I was not really in a good spot to drive a car.  It was a f*ing long trip but they were professional and put up w/ a tone of nonsense.  As did my wife who slept while I tried to see how close I could get my finger to her face w/out touching it (1/4" if you were wondering).

Second quick thing... we were able to play at the Country Club of Vermont in Waterbury yesterday which was fun.  It is a private club but we got an in.  It was a little rainy and very wet but the course is beautiful.  They really keep it in great shape.  Lots of traps, trees, and a long ass course.  I lost several balls.  It was tough.  One thing that was odd though, I got there at 7:45AM and the clubhouse was locked w/ a cleaning lady inside vacuuming.  Don't old people members like to play early before work?  Shouldn't it at least be open if the first tee time is at 8am, you know... in case you want to change, get a coffee, take a f*ing shit?!  Weird.  We only saw 2 other people on the course all day, even when the sun came out.  After the round we rolled in for lunch and found one guy watching TV in the clubhouse.  He worked there.  After getting our lunch in order he struggled mightily to figure out the touch screen computer.  My 4 year old nephew could have worked the damned thing.  He also struggled to figure out our drink order and execute on it?  By the time we left the was the one guy watching TV and another one vacuuming the piano in the corner.  This is a private course that costs thousands of dollars to be a member and hundreds to play a single round.  WTF?!?!  It was fun anyway. 

No comments: