Monday, March 29, 2010

The Wire... I dunno


My special lady and I have recently used our Netflix subscription to catch up on older TV shows we missed new issue. Our latest endeavor has been "the Wire". People who enjoy the show are obsessed. I am not one of those people. First off, I am not a huge fan of cop shows. I like Law & Order ok, but CSI? Pass. Hill Street Blues, NYPD Blue, Bones... pass, pass, pass... I did enjoy Miami vice but that was different. At first the characters inThe Wire seemed to be talking gibberish. Between the hushed tones and the police jargon I had no idea what the f*** they were talking about. The show is not particularly well shot, it is not visually arresting (hahaha), the characters are only kind of engaging. It is just an ok show. As the first season has gone on I have been getting more into the story which does have potential but overall I am not sure I go for season 2. 1 thumb sideways. On a related note, 24 is coming to an end this season. I used to really like this show but it has jumped the shark. I just don't really care anymore. I am still watching but only because I want to see someone shoot Freddie Prinze Jr and his non-existent eyebrows!


So... I dunno...

No comments: