Monday, March 15, 2010

It's Miller Time!


So my special lady and I had a nice quiet weekend which was very pleasant. We made a few meals at home, slept in a couple days, exercised, and watched a couple movies (it was cold and rainy here). The highlight may have been the tasting of the inaugural Bird Beer! It was an amber ale from a kit, East Coast Steam I believe it is called. I was a little worried during the process as a few steps were fudged and early tastings were shall we say... underwhelming. But the finished product, after carbonating, bottle conditioning, and chilling was really not bad. It seems a little light on alcohol, perhaps in the 3% range but the hops bitterness was nice and the body was really pretty good. Not bad for a first effort. 1 thumb sideways. It was fun to do and I look forward to round two. Plus I have like 30+ beers in the fridge!


So I am off to Vegas tomorrow for the Final 4 and a little golf. Probably no posts (except possibly bail). So good luck finding time wasters... non of those out there on the intraweb!

No comments: