Monday, November 30, 2009

Jay About the Rusty Nail


If you notice any typos in this post, I just got back from the gym and can barely move my arms... I did so many reps, over 1000, didn't know if you heard me counting. Anyway, one more rant, f*ing assholes who bought our building (Marley Properties), refuse to properly fix the elevators, or the AC, or the leaky roof... but they thought it was a good idea to increase the roof load by erecting a cell tower on the roof. Yeah, good idea!!! Of course the monkeys they hired for the project set off the fire alarm during the late day welding exercise. Seriously. It kind of sucked to stand in the 37 degree rain rather than being inside doing my job. Clowns.


Turkey Day was quiet, very pleasant, nice to be w/ the family. The big hits were my brother's brined turkey, my mother's off the hook chocolate cream pie (not too sweet, luscious crust, light whipped cream), and my personal favorite my wife's stuffing. I love stuffing.


Saturday night we ventured out for an uncharacteristically late concert down in Stowe, Midnite. They are a really cool reggae band. We stopped first at Pie-casso which I had never been to in Stowe. Our waiter was a little slow but very fired up! I guess 285 milligrams of speed in your extra large coffee will do that! The pizza itself was pretty good. Crust was good, ingredients were pretty fresh, sauce was pedestrian. I did not love it or hate it. 1 thumb sideways. That goofy ass shit on the wall? Yeah, 2 thumbs down. We then rocked over to the Rusty Nail for the concert. Well, the band was scheduled to come on @10PM or so w/ no opener. Uh, they started around 11:30 or so. In the meantime we were treated to warm beers and a half full venue! Alright! The bartender gave my lady a little crap for not ordering a Switchback even though it was the special. The extra 50 cents is no big deal for high rollers such as ourselves chief! It was kind of funny watching the 3 or 4 ya-yos dancing by themselves (actually kind of jumping around and spinning) while random reggae played over the loudspeaker. When the band started it was a cool concert. They have cool songs and a good vibe. There could have been more people but I sort of enjoyed the room to move around, spin, sit at the bar. The one bummer was that they left TVs playing all over the place. When asked by a couple people to turn them off the bartenders served up a special of "attitude"! Thanks again Dooshy McGee!! What everyone wants is to watch Sportscenter while listening to a $25 concert!!! 1 1/2 up for the band and the music, 1 thumb down for the late start, 1 thumb up for the venue, 2 huge thumbs down for the staff.


Halibut cheeks rule!!!

No comments: