Friday, November 13, 2009

yup, winter is here


Here in lovely Burlington, VT we have had a 70 degree shift in temperature today. It was 20 degrees at 7AM and is hovering in the low 50s mid afternoon. Layers? Yeah, I guess so. How come nobody has shivved those 9/11 guys in prison yet? Sure they get the child molesters and the skin heads, and maybe even Bernie Madoff but not the guys who flew planes into buildings and killed thousands of Americans? We can't get a Lee Harvey type guy to sort that out? Seriously?! How does Derek Jeter keep winning Gold Glove awards? This year he had by all accounts his best year in the field... that's right, he moved up into the realm of "adequate". Congratulations! Who finished second, David Ortiz? He is a pretty nice guy, and I am quite sure I saw him w/ a baseball glove in the dugout one time. Is Wild Turkey ever the right thing? I vote No. Hey, want an exclusive on Sarah Palin's new book? "I am a moron like most other politicians. Further I am incredibly ungrateful for the opportunity that McCain gave me that I so obviously did not deserve! Will I try to wedge my way back into the public's conscience? Sure will, most of America is even more of a dullard than I am!!! Who wants an elk pot pie?! You betcha!!" Who gives a shit who shot Nidal Hasan? I am pissed they didn't kill that piece of crap. When can we at least stop pretending that Iran is not f*cking w/ us?? It is getting a little ridiculous. Here is another advanced preview... this one for the movie 2012, IT BLOWS!!! That should be on the poster. I got suckered into watching Private Practice Last night, yeah, that was super uplifting.


OK, so what is right w/ the world? Well, there is water on the moon... that is something. The economy seems to have gotten out of its tailspin. That is also something. Andrew Bynum is finally showing a little something on the court. That is something. Kamchatka Bears... they are always something! We got some really delicious salmon from a good friend in Alaska, that is something special. Having a fun dinner w/ friends, wine , and that salmon... also something special. So there is that.

No comments: