Monday, July 13, 2009

Yay Monday!


Yup, back at it and it feels so good! I had a really good weekend which makes Monday even that much harder to take. Friday I met my special lady for a drink down at Splash on the waterfront. It was nice and sunny and there was plenty of people watching. We grabbed a little chow for the homestead then watched The Wrestler. I liked it, LadyBird not so much. It was tragic, grating, classic Mickey Rourke. LadyBird does not appreciate the lovable loser... at all. I am somewhat moved. Plus Marisa Tomei was hot. 1 thumb up, I liked a few other movies from '08 better.


Saturday was great. The rain held off and my special lady, a couple of buddies (K-Dog and T-Wreck), and myself were able to get 18 holes in at Basin Harbor. It was crazy windy but a fun time. We had a few beers and I had a burger over at the Sawmill, pub food, nothing special, prompt service, lots of commas. Then it started to pour. We had our doubts about making it to the outdoor concert we were slated to hit on the Burlington waterfront for 6:30. Well, lo and behold, after a few delays... the skies cleared up and we were on @8PM for opening band Antibalas and the main act Ween! The first band was a jovial afro-beat act that was pretty tight and fun. They unfortunately had to play a short set due to the later start. Ween then hit the stage and we had no idea what to expect. The can be real funky, or noisy and tweaky. Fortunately for us it was the former. The concert was great... 2 big thumbs up and a few I-tunes downloads!!! Then we went to a flip cup/funnel/party and it started really raining again and we had to beat a hasty exit. I don't really play the funnel game anymore.


Yesterday was just a nice day doing chores at the house and then watching a little baseball. Very relaxing.


Now I am in the work week... YAAAYYYYY!!!!

No comments: