Monday, June 29, 2009

What a week...


Ed McMahon was pretty old. Farah Fawcett? Ok, chalk that one up to bad luck. She had been sick for awhile and sometimes these sad things happen. Michael Jackson? I guess it was not a "shock" per ce but wow, the timing was a surprise. Billy Mays? I guess that also was not a shock because he looked like he was in a constant state of hypertension but I just started watching that show "Pitchmen", and he looked pretty healthy? The Michael Jackson thing has been crazy. I cannot remember a death having this kind of polarizing effect. Some people remember Jackson the icon and the statesman. Others remember him as a pederast and started joking about him the moment the body turned cold. Me? I don't know him and don't know if he was a bad guy or just really weird. I tend to think the former but who knows. I feel bad for his kids. I guess at the end of the day he was still a huge force in music and I remember the excitement I had when Thriller came out (I was 8). The video was a stay home event, of course back then so was every space shuttle launch. I still think he was a talented guy and his songs are pretty good if you are into the whole pop thing. I also would never allow a kid alone w/ him. I have told a few tasteless jokes already so no more here, it is just too bad for these people's families.


Bernie Madoff just got 150yrs. Remember that post about how rich people always get away w/ stuff unless they are getting hit by the govt.? Well, this is a case in point... The MAN wanted retribution and Madoff just felt the pain.


I am a little off today... my buddy had his bachelor party this past weekend and, well, let's just say old Jaybird was helping him celebrate! Well done on the boot and rally JB, that's strong.


Want to see what I think will be the best new show on TV?


Yeah, nothing demeaning there...


Pork Chop Sandwiches!!!!!!!


No comments: