Friday, June 19, 2009

Burlington Politics?


Yup... thx to DS for the pic.

Had burger and wings at RJs last night. I would say they have the best wings in town and the burger is right up there. Doesn't hurt that they hire waitresses that look kind of good after 6 beers. Did I just type that? Prank caller, prank caller!!!

Finished the evening w/ a beer @ Esox. I might have even just spelled that incorrectly but who cares. We rolled in on the advice of a co-worker who is no longer my friend. Of course we were the only ones under 50 (or at least they looked 50+) or 12 drinks deep. One handsome gentleman looked like a cross between watermelon smashing Gallagher and the evil clown from the Stephen King Book IT. Another guy was rocking a cocktail of some sort sipped through a straw made easy due to the missing front teeth. The ladies? Something special my friends, greasy hair, dumpy bodies, the works! One other drunk guy kept professing his love for the bartender who was also a piece of work. She enjoyed bending over my buddy K-dog while we laughed and he tried to look away in horror. She also insisted we buy pitchers because they were cheaper. Not sure how a pitcher was cheaper than 1 beer but I don't want to fight the mathematical skills of that crowd! The smell? Intoxicating! Seriously, I was getting light headed and started hallucinating a bit from the body odor/stale beer smell. That bar is gross. 2 cans of Golden Anniversary up.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I had a hard time explaining this guy to my kids. Oh how I love Church St. A cultural experience! Nikki

J-Bird said...

the political conscience of Burlington I guess