Monday, October 20, 2008

Ugh


You know... sometimes you have those days where the world kind of slaps you in the face. Friday was one of those days for me. It has been a very interesting year so far. The strain can be seen in very acute terms as well as an overall fear and panic that seems to be gripping the world right now. Funny how a financial disaster can make everyone go cuckoo for coco puffs. On top of that the Red Sox got knocked out of the playoffs last night, I lost my fantasy football matchup pretty handily, and I am pretty sure my farts reached a level red on the old terrorism scale yesterday! F*ck!!! I guess you have to assume that when everything seems very bleak and there is no discernible light at the end of the tunnel, you have actually reached the near bottom and will soon see that first shard of illumination. I hope that is the case anyway.

So to lighten things up a little... here is my 5 second recap of Sunday's sporting events! Seattle got creamed by Tampa Bay, possessing the ball for 18 of 60 minutes. I have taken dumps that lasted longer than 18 minutes...the looked and smelled better too! The Brad Johnson/Roy Willliams era opened in Dallas, it went so badly Jerry Jones fake face exploded! San Fran has the ball and J.T. O'Sullivan... FUMBLES!!! What is that at the end of the rainbow? Apparently a turnover! Well, at least Reggie Bush has Kim Kardasian to talk to ($20 says that dude tries to drive off a bridge in less than a week). San Di-suck-o, anybody left on the Norv Turner bandwagon? 2 of the best defenses in the league, Vikings vs Bears... 89 total points, 766 total yards. Anybody get the over on that shoot out? Tennesse is good (Vince Young is not). Glad Peyton Manning is my fantasy QB, now I can hate him in real life AND in fake life!! J-E-T-S... oops.. can we get Pennington back? Red Sox... when did Varitek and Ortiz both turn 80, I forgot to send a gift? That guy Matt Garza is a punk. How can you have enough saliva to spit every second for 4 hours? Lester pitched well, just not quite well enough. Tough way to end, but could kind of see it coming. Too bad.

We ate at Taste on Saturday night with a large group. Decent food, ok service, good wine, reasonable cost. I say 1 2/3 thumbs up!

No comments: