Monday, July 7, 2008

July 4th!




Well, it is another 4th of July in the books and I had just a couple tidbits.

Mt. Abraham is a nice mellow hike if you are in the Waitsfield/Warren area of VT. It meanders for awhile and then gets into a short steep incline to get the heart rate up. Then you are there! Nice views, not to crowded, pretty nice overall.

Starry Night. Bad service, pedestrian food, ok atmosphere. We have had three very so-so meals in a row. I think it is out of the rotation for awhile. Meanwhile, back in the mix, Smokejack's! We had a great brunch Sunday morning. Try the outrageous breakfast sandwich, it truly is outrageous! I enjoyed my turkey Reuben as well. Well played Smokejack's (still leaves a bit to be desired on the service end, it shouldn't take 15 minutes to get an Iced Tea refill).

Went to see Feist at the Shelburne Museum Sunday night. What a great venue. The weather was great and there was a fantastic sunset over the Adirondack Mountains. There really are not too many bad seats, plenty or porto-johns off the beaten path, and it is a very safe an mellow scene. You can leave your stuff and walk around w/out fear of it getting stolen and you very rarely run into some yo-yo that you have to yell at to sit down or shut the f* up. I wish you could take beer out of the beer corral but it is what it is. You can still see the stage just fine and the beers are nice local micro-brews. The concert itself? Feist has a nice voice and rocks here own guitar. The music is a little quiet and subdued for my taste though. It was pretty ok though and we had the added bonus of 1 funny drunk guy who yelled 4 songs in, "Play the Mac Song!". Good times.

Fireworks? Well, let's just say a hard day of rainy golf and beer had old Jaybird seeing the fireworks that go off on the back of his eyelids. Yup, the wife was pretty impressed w/ my 3 hour couch nap! I am quite a catch, sorry ladies!!!

Thanks to the Puma and Scooter for coming up, always a fun time! Special thanks to my special lady for making it all happen. Whoops I think I just heard the orchestra playing me off the stage...

2 comments:

Nikki said...

happy belated birthday! Right?
-Nikki

J-Bird said...

little early... but I will take it thank you