Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Happy Belated Bastille Day!


Sorry for the late post but I was busy eating cheese, drinking wine, and celebrating my own self satisfaction! Just kidding, work was busy and then I had to go to a soccer game where I proceeded to injure my hamstring early in the second half. Not sure when it happened but I suddenly turned into my dad... less hair, more belly, and if I don't spend an hour stretching before I exercise I inevitably get hurt! Damn!!

So this weekend my lady and I went to an outdoor camping concert/festival in Cabot. I haven't been to one of these things since college so I was a little reluctant. My days of cruising around w/ no shoes, twirling around in my white man dance, and eating "enhanced" brownies are over and that is ok w/ me. This was a pretty fun time though. The dirty hippy factor was relatively low. We also camped in a side section w/ other adults... we cooked marinated shrimp and burgers, and drank good beers. Then we rolled up to the concert and watched some cool bands. Toubab krewe was once again quite good and Midnite, a reggae band was really good (and played for hours). Mrs. Bird and I then retired at a reasonable hour and woke up Early the next day to bug out. By the way, camping is fun but sleeping on the ground sucks. There is a reason beds were invented and remain wildly popular!!! The next morning we stopped in Montpelier and cruised to Sandra Bullock's sister's bakery Gesine's. I didn't see Sandra (yeah, we are pretty tight), but I did enjoy my breakfast. We had a savory ham scone (holy butter!), a sweet strawberry scone (holy cream!!), and some doughnut type baked good. F*ck it was good! Coffee and tea was good too. I look forward to going back, it all looked so good.


http://www.gesine.com/elm_street.html

So I guess that's it, I am heading home to ice my old man body!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Less hair and more belly!!! WTF
All right so once again Jay about Town is really correct in his assesment. Serious stretching is in order as we get "older."
I think the "old man" has earned the belly through good eating and the lack of hair from raising Jay about Town.
signed the OLD MAN

J-Bird said...

oh crap! busted!!!!