Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas hangover


well, another holiday has come and gone and I am wiped out. As your family gets bigger and you start to get in-laws upon in-laws... well these get togethers seem to get less relaxing. I find myself trying to stay busy in the kitchen so as to stay out of the family hurricane. Yesterday I managed to work myself into a fever and was pretty banged up... I couldn't even drink wine and limoncello which is one of my favorite Christmas activities. Couple quick observations; did you know Danny Devito has his own limoncello? Maybe Britney Spears should jump on that bandwagon and introduce her own wine cooler? My company sent out a Merry Christmas card... it was a very nice gesture but I wonder how people who are not Christians feel about it. We didn't receive a happy Hanukkah card or anything, just saying. Whover the dipshits are who drive around w/ their cars decorated like Rudolph (antlers and red nose on hood) or that yah-yo who had Christmas lights lit up on their roof rack... yeah that is a sweet look, run with that!! Ever notice you can drive as fast as you want on Christmas? No cops!!! Only guy to f**** up as many jobs as Isiah Thomas? George W. Bush... and he became a 2 term president!! Get your Isiah in '16 bumper stickers now to beat the crowd!!!!! Kenny Rogers' The Gift truly is a gift, pick one up for yourself or someone you love!

My father in law is a pretty funny character, we were bringing up some crab cakes from the basement fridge when I heard this loud crash behind me (and an F-bomb). I turned to see him sprawled on the stairs with crab cake all over. I asked if he was ok and just got a "NO". It was one of those times where you feel really bad but are also trying not to laugh. We scooped the crab off the stairs and served 'em up! Had a pretty good laugh about it later as well. Hope the rest of the fam doesn't read this blog (I think I'm safe). My in-in-laws spent the day walking laps in the house trying to sync up their new pedometers, that wasn't weird. On the bright side I am starting to appreciate the strangeness, in small doses. Oh yeah, our highlight gift? My wife and I opened a Tiffany box from her parents, we thought we might have hit the jackpot! Well, the jackpot was a container of laundry detergent... bunch of comedians!!! So with that, I bid you adieu, I am off to cure my hangover the only way I know how... Bloody Mary!!

No comments: