Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Turkey Day


Well, we are officially ass deep into the holiday season! This is a big year for the J-Bird family, as my wife and I are hosting our first Thanksgiving. We have both sets of parents and her sister coming over. Now, that is a pretty manageable number and we have cooked for more people before (and by that I mean my wife cooked while I drank beer, got in the way, and stirred pots), but this is different. This is an iconic meal w/ staples that are very well known and loved. We are also attempting to meld two very deeply ingrained family tradition templates... this thing could either go very right, or very wrong!! On the bright side, it is a lovely 35 degrees and raining here in lovely VT, BEAUTIFUL!!!! So for my part I plan to mix copious amounts of booze into delicious cocktails, tell semi offensive jokes, watch football w/ the boys, and most importantly I will try to keep the moms from sending my special lady on a 6 state killing spree!!! GOOD TIMES!!!!

Quick aside, as I type this I am eating a little pizza from Junior's in Colchester... it is actually quite good. I am digging the Sicilian.

Second quick aside, as it looks like the whole financial market is about to shit itself... if you are an attractive ultra rich woman looking for a pool boy to ogle (sorry, no touching)... feel free to reply to this post with a job offer.

Third quick aside... if every flight into JFK is delayed (rain or shine), might it be prudent to schedule less flights into and out of that airport?

I'm on a roll... fourth quick aside... The woman getting 200 lashes in Saudi Arabia for being raped. This is not funny, nor do I wish to make light of it in any way. I will defend the right of any group to hold their own beliefs but this particular translation of Sharia law is an affront to humankind. Punishment is a means to deter criminals. This case is an establishment of dominance by men who lack confidence and moral fiber. Shameful

Fifth quick aside... let's get back to a lighter tone, could this man be our next president? I say maybe http://youtube.com/watch?v=MDUQW8LUMs8

And finally... as winter approaches and the stress of the holiday season mounts, here is the clip of the day... http://youtube.com/watch?v=TwUegUaePy8

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

No comments: