Thursday, November 1, 2007

Are you ready to feel uncomfortably ENERGETIC!!!!!


I figured as long as the financial markets were melting down I would take a quick second to update the old blog. The blog thing is kind of funny really... ever see that movie "What About Bob" where they tie him to the mast of the boat? It's a little like that... I'm blogging! I'm blogging!! Look at me, I BLOG!!!!! Anywho... It's been a pretty eventful week. As I said, the market has been pretty volatile which always makes my job a little stressful, it's never good to wake up in the middle of the night w/ a work dream. They never tend to be happy dreams, or sexy dreams, or dreams w/ midgets and monkeys. They are more like the going to school in your underwear dreams. So then our hot water heater blew out and left a small lake in our basement. The idea of a new heated indoor pool was kind of fun... except for the floating dead spiders and mice. The great thing about that was my wife called in a tizzy about the water and the busted sump pump that was meant to drain the water. Being the handy guy I am I gave her some shit and then went home in a huff to sort it out. So I get there, wade through the water, and get the pump working. No problem right? I am kind of a big deal, people know me! That's when the hose seal busted and the pump pumped water from the basement floor directly into my face at about 90MPH!!! So my lady and the water guy are yelling at me from upstairs, I am standing in a foot of water w/ a steady stream of brown water spraying in my face and I can't risk yanking the power plug for the fear of electrocution!!!!! So that was fun. Surprisingly enough, when people tell you to buy a house and stop paying rent to the man, they neglect to mention; rodents, taxes, lawn maintenance, appliance breakdowns, power outages, well issues, flooding, fire, painting, cleaning, plumbing... etc. Oh yeah, and some punk kids paintballed our house Tuesday night. On the bright side I do get to use a tractor to mow my lawn (w/ a cup holder for beer), I can pee off my porch anytime I want, and I can roll around the whole house buck naked if I so choose ( and w/ an Adonis body like mine, I like to show it off).

So I have been trying to mellow out, we are heading down to DC to see our good friends new place and I want to be in a good frame of mind. We always have a good time w/ them so it is something to look forward to. I haven't been to our capitol since I was in high school. Should be much different now that I can roll up to old Abe' Lincoln a few drinks deep! "You don't know me Abe!! You think you're better than me you honest son of a ..." Wait, what was I saying? You can only go to jail for threatening the current president right?

Anyway, to keep my spirits up and a smile on my face I have been enjoying these "Powerthirst" clips. Maybe I am juvenile, maybe I am an idiot... frankly, I don't care, I could watch these 1000 times and they would still be funny. I am on # 825 if you are counting at home.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/5176

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-3qncy5Qfk&feature=dir

No comments: