Thursday, November 8, 2007

Market Meltdown


Couple thoughts here... one is this the beginning of a recession or a minor blip due to a correction in a housing market that was overdone (tech bubble style). Why didn't we see this coming? Folks seemed to play down the idea of a housing bubble but why. If the price of something goes up in an artificial way w/ poor underlying fundamentals and no one can explain why... isn't that a bubble that must burst? Moreover, does anyone care? Is there greater panic when you watch the financial markets everyday than there is for the average joe on the street? Well, it sucks from this end.

By the way, the polls seems to be going great! Either no one looks at this site, they poll is not in a good spot on the page, or the polls just plain suck! Or maybe... the same voter apathy gripping the nation has infiltrated my blog?!?!?!?

Can you title something "untitled"?

I was listening to Peter Cetera belt out a Chicago tune in the car on the way to basketball and I got to thinking about how much I enjoy crap like that, so without further doo-doo... I mean adieu, here are my top 10 guilty pleasure bands.

10. Electric Light Orchestra. white guy w/ a huge afro that always wears sunglasses? check! Silly kind of fruity name? check! EEEEEVIILL WWOOOOMMAAAAANNN...Check!!!

9. Journey. These guys got mad hot model chicks in the 80s, think about that! Must be because they were lovin', touchin', squeezin' each otha...

8. Gordon Lightfoot. This guy's stache/beard was Chuck Norris before Chuck Norris!

7. STYX. LLLLAAADDDYYYY!!! Straight from God's lips to Mr. Roboto's ears.

6. Chicago. I enjoy the 70s horns/waka waka guitar version, as well as the 80s super fruity ballad version. Peter Cetera man, Peter Cetera.

5. Quiet Riot. My first tape, the first video I remember, first song I knew the words to (Bang Your Head). Kind of like losing your virginity... a little awkward but you'll always have fond memories (maybe w/ a little less spandex and pleather though).

4. Europe. Sure, the Final Countdown is a classic but what about... Cherokee!!!!!

3. Heart. bum ba da bum ba da bum ba da da da...ding. bum ba da bum ba da bum ba da da ding... BARRACUDA!

2. Kenny Rogers. The face may change but the songs remain. Looks like this guy is wearing a mask these days, a tan mask... but The Gambler?! Reuben James?! Coward of the County?!?! Islands in the Stream...uh, er, maybe forget that one.

1. Fleetwood Mac. I am not even sure this is a "guilty" pleasure to enjoy possibly the greatest band ever! Rumors is a great album. This band really showed what a band can do when they are using way too much cocaine and all hooking up/cheating on one another!!! Here is the guilty part for me, one of my favorite tunes is Silver Springs... you belt that shit out Stevie, you belt it out!

So there you have it, I am off to fire up my hi-fi and rock out to a little Sundown, I have to get amped up for another game tonight!

No comments: