Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Hey, Jay... Where you been?!?!



Sick and whiny town.  I can review the pediatrician, taking temperatures, children's Tylenol, high pitched screaming... I have been a little spent I suppose. One quick review, Martin Scorcese's The Wolf of Wall Street, starring Leo Dicrappio.  Here are a few of my in place biases, I like Scorcese movies, I enjoy a little sex, a little drugs, and a little violence. I also think Leo is the new Kevin Costner, a so so actor that gets excellent roles. I recently read the Jordan Belfort autobiography and looked forward to the movie. It was not that good. For one, it did not really follow some crucial elements of the book. It made Belfort look goofy like he was somehow not aware of what he was doing and was maybe even sticking it to the rich elite. Even his own story acknowledged he was a pretty bad guy and a crook who f*d over a lot of people. The story also screwed over other characters who might have been jerks but did not deserve even shabbier treatment. It also seemed to gloss over some of the really more crucial parts of the story? Finally, this was like a reverse Harry Potter problem... Belfort is a short guy and that plays a big role in his identity. Leo is pretty tall and stood over most of the other folks in the movie. I suppose it was an ok movie but not great. I also thought Leo was not good in it and I am glad he did not win an Oscar. So there. 1 thumb up.

Aside from that, I recently re watched Man of Steel and I enjoyed it. I also liked Costner in a bit role. I find that about a lot of actors. They get big roles and it is not the right thing for them. Do I like crusty but heartwarming supporting actor Costner? Yes. Do I like 45 hours of western horse riding Costner? F*** NO!

Finally above freezing here. And raining. 1 thumb down.

No comments: