Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Jay About Infinity Brewing



On Track... Shit... I still belong to On Track. Everyday I think I will go to another gym. Just about as dirty as that hotel too



No clean towels, mildew, no hot water...

I digress, on Saturday I met up with my buddy LB at Infinity Brewing in South Burlington w/ my son in tow. Is it bad to bring my kid to a beer tasting? What am I... a doctor? I don't know. They are small pours and the 4 together were about equal to a full beer. There are seemingly thousands of now microbreweries opening all over Vermont. I like beer so it is kind of fun. I had not tried (nor ever seen) the beers from Infinity. The brewery is in a small manufacturing business out behind the airport on Ethan Allen Drive. It was small and clean w/ a little pour room and a brewing operation w/ 4 tanks or so. One oddity was they seemed to have more merchandise than beer. There was a whole wall of T-shirts, hats, mugs, etc... but they only have 4 beers. There is a Golden Ale, a Dubbel Ale, a Red Ale, and a Red IPA. All of them had a ton of alcohol. The lowest was the IPA clocking in at 5.8% and the golden which is usually the easy drinker was a whopping 7.7%. I could have used a coat hook or something as the tasting room is pretty sparse w/ just 2 tabletops and the small bar. The people were friendly though and it was as I said, clean. The beers themselves were ok. I liked the golden in spite of the boozy punch and the other 3 were drinkable. I am usually an IPA guy but this one was a little malty and the red was over pronounced in my opinion. In a crowded market I am curious where they will stand out? The beer is not good enough to make it a destination and there is not enough production to get it on tap broadly. I would also not order it over other solid local beers especially at that alcohol "price point".

So I guess I would check it out if you have time but don't go out of your way. Is there ever a bad beer tour? Not really... they are just different levels of pretty ok!

http://www.infinitybrewing.com/#!/HOME#?1#?1#WebrootPlugIn#?1#?1#PhreshPhish#?1#?1#agtpwd


No comments: