Thursday, May 9, 2013

Jay About Feldman's Bagel



I have now gotten bagels from this place 3 times.  Here is the 7 Days article w/ a brief history so I don't need to go into that whole thing... http://www.7dvt.com/2013new-bagels-burlington.  So the space itself is fine but odd.  Seems like there should be much more room as the building used to be an old care car garage? That said it is pleasant enough w/ nice light. The first bagel I had was very good.  It was just out of the oven and nice and warm.  I had my go to sesame and it was a little crusty on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside w/ a slightly salty flavor.  The cream cheese (I just went w/ plain) was almost whipped and had a great flavor and consistency.  The coffee was also reasonably priced and quite good. I was a big fan.  My next stop I picked up a 6 pack o bagels for the office.  Day one they were good again. The everything bagel was flavorful w/out being overly loaded w/ the fake overcooked garlic that can sometimes be the case.  Day 2 the bagels were pretty hard but w/ a quick reheat they were edible.  Day 3?  Not so much. They had to be tossed. My third trip was in the afternoon and this was a mistake. The service was very personable and friendly but the guy kept forgetting what he was doing because he was chatting too much. The bagels were already kind of hard.  I had a bialy that tasted ok but was so hard I could not really enjoy it as I wanted to.  I think that this place is pretty binary.  Go in the morning for a warm very solid bagel that is reasonably priced. After that you might as well buy frozen bagels at the grocery store because these do not hold up that well.  So, I guess like a confused vampire I have 1 2/3 thumbs up in the morning and 1 thumb sideways to down after the sun really comes up?

My coworker and I hit up Kwini yesterday for a business outing and we got stuck behind a foursome of absolute D-bags. These guys were fine golfers, not great, not terrible, but they played soooo slow.  We skipped back a few holes and still caught up to them again.  A pair of octogenarians walking the course had to skip around they assclowns. Of course they did not let anyone play through. So we are melting down and getting more and more frustrated as these guys putt out every 1 footer, spend 20 minutes cleaning off their balls (hehe), and take 30 minutes to line up 20 foot putts they never make.  So finally we are sitting around on the tee at 15 waiting for these tools to line up putts and go through the motions when one of the guys misses a 2 footer.  He goes ballistic and tosses his ball into the woods. We started laughing like hyenas... this guy had not hit a putt all day and probably shot a 150 but he gets so mad at his ball he tosses it?  Fantastic!

No comments: