Friday, November 2, 2012

Hurricane Sandy





What a mess.  I thought it was a non event as we did not even get the high winds predicted here in VT but seeing the dedestation down in NYC it is a shame.  How can the city of NY put on the marathon?  The legistics alone will take away so much from the clean up effort.  I mean they still don't have power below 40th st. right?  And the outer burroughs are a shit show.  Meanwhile the marathon gets generators for the media tent?  WTF?!  At least the rock community is there to the rescue w/ a concert.  Oh wait, that takes up precious time and resources as well?  Oh crap!  I will give a bit of credit to ConEd who is getting crushed all over the place.  I bet it is hard to plan for a 100yr storm and further I bet there are some ConEd employees working their tails off to help those w/out power.  To those folks I say kudos. 

What is the best way to help other than flying in gas cans... anybody know?  Here is a link to the Red Cross, though to be fair I am not sure how much $$ they divert or take for admin. costs.  http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Good luck to those dealing w/ this messed up situation.  No jokes this week.

No comments: