Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Argo-F*** Yourself



Special lady and I got out to the movies this weekend.  Figuring James Bond would be a madhouse we went to another flick we had wanted to see, Argo.  It was pretty good.  Interesting story, good pace, solid soundtrack, fine acting.  I liked it.  Huge fan of Alan Arkin.  I realize I was only 5 or so when this thing went down in Iran but I don't remember any of the story about the 6 who escaped the embassy.  Most likely there was plenty of embellishment but this was pretty exciting. I also enjoyed how Ben Affleck got 70s shaggy hair and beard so he could pretend to be a most likely clean cut Hispanic dude. Also funny was that he smoke too much, drank too much, only ate take out... but had a ripped 6 pack.  He stole my secret!  If so are looking for a movie to check out, this was a good one.  Even though the Palace 9 in SoBu had to stop the movie twice to reset the speakers that were emitting a loud droning buzz. Queen Bee rules that Palace.  ZZZZing! 

BTW, I know that sloppy sling or whatever the f*** that skit on SNL was, is getting buzz but it sucked and was a stupid rip off of the Lonely Planet internet skits.  Drunk Uncle was good though.

Paul Ryan hoping Obama is ready to lead w/ the fiscal cliff approaching.  Probably also was hoping that he wouldn't be a loser VP candidate as well.  Good to want things Paul.  At least he can take solace in his ability to do sit ups.  If he smoked, drank, and ate junk food he would not need that P90X.... am I right Ben Affleck?  You know what I am saying!  So far the 2 sides are getting even more dug in on their positions for the fiscal cliff so get ready for a chapped ass.  I would like to personally thank my congressmen Bernie and Peter for their intractable positions.  Your ability to stick to the party line regardless of what is in the best interest of your constituency and the country at large is a shining example of leadership and a true measure of your stature as men of the people.  Wait, it is the exact opposite of that?  You don't actually listen at all you just act like that old guy who still doesn't believe we actually landed on the moon?  Oh, well then... I didn't vote for either of these clowns.  And if you are saying, well Jay... if you are so smart why don't you try your hand at government?  Well, I wrote myself in for Senate and I encourage you to do the same next election cycle.  I would gladly sacrifice the medium bucks for the good of the state and country.  That and the salary that is too high and term that is too long for public servants.  Just saying.

No comments: