Thursday, August 16, 2012

Jay About Misery Loves Company



My buddy DG gave me the head's up about the Misery Loves Company food truck and said it was going to be parked down by the Maglinero cafe yesterday.  Hey, I love me some food truck fare so obviously I was in!  We rolled down and it was parked in an out of the way parking lot in an industrial area surrounded by odd warehouses and shipping facilities behind a nondescript cafe.  The large red and white camper looking thing was half in the shade and beside a small table and a couple picnic tables in the shade.  The menu as you can hopefully see is ridiculous.  DG ran w/ the fried chicken lunch box that came w/ potato two ways... fries and potato salad.  It looked damned good.  I opted for the Anti Hero because if I didn't get it my wife was going to be mad.  Hey I will take that pork meatball bullet? Well, it was delicious.  Not too big but plenty filling with 3 silky porky meatballs, a heavy dose of Mozzarella cheese oozing all over the place, on a great bun.  The fresh tomato and basil sauce was what made it all come together.  It had a concentrated flavor that was fresh but at the same time just the right amount of oily.  It was great.  My only regret was not adding a beignet or two!  Prices were reasonable and the service was just fine.  I will go back whenever I see these guys.

No comments: